Thursday, August 5, 2010

Why Go to a Trade School - To Get Real Practical Knowledge

As an entrepreneur, I love to tell people that I left school to run my business. Well, that's not exactly what happened. Rather, I decided not to take a track scholarship to a four year university after completing my AA and AS in business at a community college. Nevertheless, I did quit my higher education to move on with my life and I've never looked back and would never change that path even if the opportunity presented itself.

Why you ask? Well, I went to meet the professors and had a chat with them about business and found that most of them had not really the experience level I was looking for in the real world prior to them becoming professors. So, I decided to leave the academic world for the real world, because I thought it was fake and once in the real world, I found out it was fake too. All sorts of bogus rules and regulations, barriers to entry to prop up more politically inclined larger business competitors.

Indeed, in considering all this, it appears to me that if you want a decent job, one that is in demand that you need to get specific training without all the clutter. This means you need to go to a trade school that will teach you exactly what you need to know to do the job that you seek. Then you need to be placed in the job you want in an industry that you like. This is one thing that Trade Schools are extremely good at, so think on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment